Frequently asked questions
What does Parseco do?
Parseco is a service that enables your applications to use mobile technology which is still in the exclusive domain of mobile operators.
How does the Parseco platform work?
When your application sends messages using the Parseco platform – this is what happens:
- Your web server is triggered (put in motion) by someone clicking the “send” button on your application’s user interface.
- Your web server takes this request (trigger) and forwards it to the Parseco mobile-enabled cloud (giving out the information needed to access the cloud – e.g. your account credentials, information on the message etc.).
- Parseco does its magic and sends out the message to the mobile user.
How does your application receive a message?
- The mobile user (your end customer) sends out an SMS message to a mobile phone number that is assigned exclusively to you.
- Parseco’s mobile cloud receives the message from the mobile user and associates the number that the message was sent to with your account (your assigned phone number)
- Then we use the URL that you gave us to push this message to your server/application where you handle this message as you see fit.
It is worth noting that Parseco is supported by Infobip with its carrier-grade platform, more than 10 years of experience in the world of telecoms and thousands of satisfied clients.
What features does it have?
Our main feature is the simplicity of SMS application integration, it’s as simple as texting.
With Parseco’s simple setup process, your application becomes fully interactive. It allows you to trigger events with SMS, to reach out to mobile users and interact with them.
You can also use the Number Context feature, which allows you to get the info on mobile numbers – is it valid, deactivated by the operator or not in use, is the number in roaming, the home network in case it’s ported etc.
Our libraries cover all the most popular programming languages, helping you to integrate those features into your application within minutes.
Why did you decide to create Parseco?
SMS is not easily accessible to startups and developers, especially when worldwide coverage is needed. What’s more, the majority of services on the market require a high level of programming knowledge while building even the simplest apps. We wanted to simplify the development effort.
Parseco gives you user-friendly access, by exposing APIs and creating libraries, through which you connect to our mobile services cloud. This way, even junior developers are able to mobilize their apps in a matter of minutes and get access to a carrier-grade platform.
We support all popular and familiar technologies, PHP, Python, Ruby, C#, Java and JS.
What is Parseco? What’s the deal with the name?
We wanted the name of the product to reflect what we offer as a brand – to help developers to bridge that huge distance and use mobile technology (Parsec = 3.26 light years).
We also liked the reference to parsing since we deal a lot with JSON and XML technologies, and parsing all kind of data in our everyday programming.
Ok, you’ve got me. How can I start using your platform?
To mobilize your application, you must take these 3 steps:
- Complete the signup process at www.parseco.com/signup and get your free trial account.
- Download the programming language of your choice at www.github.com/parseco.
- Make the necessary changes in the code: enter username/password and what you want to send and who you want send the message to, take a look at the github readme or check out the video tutorial, deploy it on a web server and run the code!
- If you find yourself needing help – don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org – we’re available 24/7!